For life threatening or severe emergencies call 911 or go to the emergency room
The Northwestern University Health Service and the Northwestern Immediate Care Clinic in downtown Evanston are collaborating to provide urgent medical services to Northwestern students on weekends and evenings when the Health Service is not open. This is a less expensive alternative to an emergency room visit.
- Northwestern Immediate Care is affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital – there will be a charge for services which are usually covered by most health insurance policies subject to deductibles and co-pays.
- Follow up care after a visit to the Northwestern Immediate Care Clinic will be through the Northwestern University Health Service.
- Students with Northwestern Student Health Insurance through Aetna Student Health will need to call the Health Service Physician “On Call” to get a referral before going to the Immediate Care Clinic – call 847 491-8100 and have the answering service contact the physician on call.
- Students with other health insurance should contact their insurance company to verify coverage before going to the Immediate Care Clinic.
- Students should bring their NU WildCARD and insurance card with them when they go to the Immediate Care Clinic.
- The Health Service Physician “On Call” can assist with transportation if necessary through American Taxi.
Northwestern Immediate Care
1704 Maple Avenue in Evanston (just across from the movie theaters)
Open 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. every day, 365 days a year
847 475-CARE (2273)
Northwestern Immediate Care Clinic is staffed by licensed physicians and emergency medical technicians who are trained to evaluate and treat a variety of illnesses and injuries.
Some common illnesses treated at Northwestern Immediate Care include:
- Colds Cough
- Gastrointestinal problems (vomiting and diarrhea)
- Sinus infections
- Urinary tract infections
Some common injuries treated at Northwestern Immediate Care include:
- Sprains, fractures, and other musculoskeletal injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Insect bites
- Animal bites
For more information on Northwestern Immediate Care go to NMPG.com or call 847 475-CARE (2273)